Sunday 26 August 2012

A new found love

Its clichés and proably wont be believed when I say I have found a new love in running. A few months ago I read a blog that stated they actually enjoyed running and now it was a routine part of their daily lives. I did not believe them, no one can actually like running,  BUT,  it is true!
Yes,  it took a couple of months of love/hate, a lot of mornings, running was the last thing I wanted to do but slowly im coming to enjoy it.  Now I don’t even think about, just grab my trainers, ipod and off I go. It is a good feeling to stretch the legs and soak up the surroundings, especially in my favorite weather or before an event in my life. A run in the morning sets me up nicely for the day, makes me feel my best so I like to run before going out for the day/night or doing something of importance. It all sounds a bit too nice, and as I write this I am not at all in the mood to run,  but this is a lesson I have learned. If I feel like it I will run, if I don’t I wont, no guilt or pressure. Run when you want to and it will never be a chore. 

To help me on my running way here is one of my favorite running choices, The Black Keys - Gold On the Ceiling, a fabulous get up and go track.. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment